Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 10


Day 10
Okay, so this pic of Christopher has nothing to do with our trip, but Debbie M sent us this in an email... and isn't he cute? Thanks, Debbie

Today was a busy day. After taking a walk and having some coffee we took the kids to an open air market to buy a few clothing items for Sergey. Many of the items I brought for him will probably be too big because he is very thin. So at the market he picked out a couple of items so he would have something clean and nice to wear to court tomorrow. It was interesting because there are no dressing rooms, so he just tried his clothes on right there outside in front of everyone. I commented to the translator how odd that was to Americans because we change in dressing rooms. She said it is common here to do as Sergey did. I was embarrassed for him and in fact, moved to the side so I would not see him. I kept thinking how mortified Trevor would have been had that been him! No way would Trevor take his clothes off in the middle of a bunch of people!
It was very hot today and on account of that Aya got carsick on the way to the market! So we are now officially her parent because she has thrown up on us! Poor thing. I think because they are not used to driving in cars (and people drive nuts here) it is common for the orphans to get carsick. Most of the time people walk or take buses places.
Once back at the hotel Jon and I rested before heading to a Mexican restaurant for dinner….Yes, I said “Mexican”. The restaurant was called “Tequila Boom” and it was very good and we enjoyed it a lot. I had chicken soft tacos and Jon had a chicken burrito.
Tomorrow we will leave the hotel at 9 a.m. to pick the kids up and head to court. Pray that the hearing is short, easy and the 10 day wait is waived.

Miranda, Hailey, and Trevor….How was shopping? Give Christopher a hug and tell him we love him, okay??? Show him my picture so he doesn’t forget me.

Lucia…we did not host in Dec..we hosted in the Summer. I hope all is well and you get an appointment very soon. Thanks for your prayers!

Theresa… Thanks for your messages. It is nice to connect with others in the midst of the process. When we get back I have lots of info I can share about Donetsk, if your interested. When do you think you will be getting here?

Gail…Can you let me know what you guys did about gifts? If you can email me I would love to know who and what you gave, if you don’t mind. Thanks…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you and hope that things are going well. Yes, you are offical - once you are vomited on, spit up on, etc - you have pasted the point of no return. Looking forward to hearing positive things after court. Take care! I know God will continue to bless you. Jennifer Davis

Anonymous said...

Dear Krystal and Jon,
We are praying and anxiously awaiting news on the court stuff. We look forward to having all of you home. The kids are beautiful and we look forward to meeting them. I couldn't access your blog for the last couple of days because my main computer went out. Of course those things happen while Mark is out of town. Anyway, Matthew has me set up on his computer now, so I can catch up on your daily events. It sounds like you are getting comfortable with the kids and getting to know the area. It was great to see the picture of you and Jon on the site as well. It is reassuring to see your faces and to see that you look well. We continue in prayer!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Krystal and Jon,
We are praying and anxiously awaiting news on the court stuff. We look forward to having all of you home. The kids are beautiful and we look forward to meeting them. I couldn't access your blog for the last couple of days because my main computer went out. Of course those things happen while Mark is out of town. Anyway, Matthew has me set up on his computer now, so I can catch up on your daily events. It sounds like you are getting comfortable with the kids and getting to know the area. It was great to see the picture of you and Jon on the site as well. It is reassuring to see your faces and to see that you look well. We continue in prayer!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hello Pister People! Counting down the time to get you home. We continue to pray for you and the 10 days being waived. God has all of this in His hands. I believe Kellsie and Hailey have had a good day together, they shopped and slept and ate. Life just doesn't get any better than that, at least not when you're only 10. Steven is at an usher class for the Crusade tonight. He is looking forward to that. Yes Krystal, we will find sitters for Sam and Christopher so we can attend (hint, hint). Is Sergey a saint already? In his photo he has that halo looking thing around his head just like a saint. See, he already fits right in with the rest of you. They are beautiful kids and I cannot wait to meet them. Another little girl for my girls group! Yea God! Love you all. B...

Contact Mark and Theresa said...

Krystal, I would love to have info. about Donestk, between you and Jon, Gail & Bob and Dan and Sandy, Mark and I will be well informed. I feel so blessed by your suggestion, Thank you! I do not see your e-mail on the blog though. Here is mine if you want ot send it so I can reach you later when we have our appointment. We are still waiting to have our dossiers submitted. They are in Angelina's capable hands. I know it will be God's perfect timing and Angelina's heart is at work for the children, so I am comforted by this. Even though, it gets tough some days. Are your children in the same orphanage/boarding school as Natasha Ray was?

Contact Mark and Theresa said...

oops, forgot the e-mail

t_wollschlager@yahoo.com
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Jon and Krystal
Hi- We are praying for Friday and the rest of your trip. It is amazing to us to see the Lord work through your lives- thank you for following Him!! I have been sharing your story with my running group each morning as I check your blog-They ask me each morning what is going on- big time opportunity to talk about the Lord. We will be in PA this weekend for the Big 33 football game - OH vs PA -Two Dover players are playing and our head coach is the coach. I am crazy planning VBS for the week of the 25th. Reminds me alot of the year we taught intersession at Calimesa.:) I miss you girl!! Can't waith to see you this summer. You are in our prayers1 Hi Jon!( Game 4 Cavs are down by 3 and the series is 3-0 for the Spurs) Bye Coll and Tim

Anonymous said...

good morning Jon and Krystal. I have been anxiously awaiting to here how court went this morning. I've checked this blog 3 times and it is not quite 7 a.m. yet! Jon I gotta tell you Steven is so pumped up about the Crusade. Usher class went great last night and they are expecting a HUGE event. They are setting up seating outside the RBC center for overflow with jumbotron TVs. (I think that is what he called them, I'm not big on all that tech stuff). We pray God is bringing you back for this event, after all you led the way getting everyone pumped up for this event. No floor seating for the event. They are expecting 1700-2000+ saved lives every night. You go God! Love you both, praying for so many things for you! Can't wait to meet Sergey and Aya Pister. B....
PS - hey Jon, sorry my man left you hanging the other day. I can tell you he really misses you too! I expect the 2 of you will be having a cozy lunch together upon your return!hahahaha