Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 7

Day 7- Monday

If you heard a loud sound that awoke you early this morning….it was me screaming all the way from Ukraine because WE GOT A COURT DATE FOR THIS FRIDAY!!!!
God is so good! So, Miranda, Hailey, Trevor, and Christopher, I am coming home on Saturday and I will be there for Miranda’s birthday on Sunday! We are so excited, especially me….I feel bad for Jon as he will have to hang out for the 10 day wait, but he is being a trooper about it, as usual. I am married to an amazing man.I am trying to work out the details with Delta about changing my flight…it looks like they don’t have any seats in coach and I will have to pay extra to go first class (oh bummer ). I am not sure how much extra, they are going to call me back.
Their brother has signed papers agreeing to let Aya and Sergei be adopted, so at this point it looks like smooth sailing. As for now it looks like Jon will be coming home on June 27th, which the actual day I originally made for his flight! The amazing thing is that there is a holiday here on the 28th and 29th, so the Embassy was closed on those days which would have held Jon up till into July! It is so amazing to see how God worked out every small detail of this trip. Why was I nervous? All I needed to do is get out of the boat and He did the rest.
Today our facilitator is very busy doing paperwork and running errands to make sure everything runs smoothly, therefore we will not be going to the orphanage today. So here we are another long day in the hotel room. We think we may take a short walk outside, even if to the corner and back. They have discouraged us from going anywhere. I think we have a big sign on our heads that says “I am American, steal all my money because I am an idiot and don’t know what I am doing”.
We had a very delicious dinner last night at the hotel. The food here is surprisingly very good. Jon had fried calamari and I had fried mushrooms and some shrimp that still had their heads and eyeballs on. For dessert I had a cherry cake that was pretty tasty. Before we left the restaurant we sure got the shock of our life when a stripper, yes , a stripper, came out and did a strip tease for the guy at the table behind us! This was in a public restaurant. I was completely mortified as we could not even leave because the stripper was blocking the exit! Jon had his back to it and I was threatening him with his life if he turned around  The strangest thing was that no one even thought anything of this as employees casually watched this very graphic event. I am quite sure that everyone was laughing at me when we left because I was covering my face, and it was probably red as a tomato.

Tim- Jon wanted me to tell you that Sergey reminds him a lot of you 

Miranda- What are your plans for today? I will be home for your birthday!
Hailey- I miss you too. So I hear you are going to Michelle’s this week…have fun and before you know it I will be there, okay?
Trevor- Who is on your all-star team?

Marsha- Sergey is probably a size 8 or 10, like Trevor. I am guessing that once in the US and getting good nutrition he will shoot up. He is very and I would guess that is because he spends so much time outside playing. Aya is probably a size 8/10. Fortunately, Hailey has lots of hand me downs that will fit her.

Lucia- Wow, that is amazing about your church? How big is your church? I would love to see our church, as a whole, be more proactive for children. Maybe our journeys will inspire others.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers…we definitely feel them!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I just knew God was going to put all things into place this week. No doubt about it. Remember in Daniel - He places all people in authority for His plans and this was definitely His plan all along. I am so excited for all of you! Krystal, I can tell in your note just exactly how bad you feel having to leave poor Jon all alone. Jon, be a good boy. All your meals must be eaten back in the hotel room. I am sure you want no part in the extra curricular activities going on.Remember God is always watching you!hahahaha!We love you Pister People! B.....

Anonymous said...

YAY!! that makes my day! that sucks that you have to stay in a hotel room. do they have a tv?
ewwww, why don't they take the eyeballs out? eww. hmmm my plans for today = nada. grandma said she'd take us shopping manana and so far that is the only thing i have really planned for this week. i need to read my books for english but the library only had one that i needed so i will have to buy the other 3. i tried calling but it looks like someelse is calling u at this particular time...trevor can't wait to show you his trophys, he's so proud of them and christopher is communicating really well. he hasn't really had a meltdown recently so thats good. youth was good last night daddy but not a lot of people showed up though we only had about 10 but we had a good time watching relient k! well i love you guys and can't wait to see you on sat. mom! and in a week 1/2 daddy!!!! do you get to see the kids tomarrow?

Unknown said...

OMG......I can just see your face now with that stripper beside you! I would have been mortified myself. Krstal, you have really been blessed throughout this journey. Look how far you have come since last year! You have conquered so many fears and put Satan in his place! Just as Barb walked across that swinging bridge, you have crossed over yours. Can't wait to meet the kids! How exciting! Hang in there and we'll keep praying!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal & Jon:)
Praise God! I am so happy everything has gone smoothly! I know your family misses you and so does PBC! Stay safe-relax (God is driving this party wagon!!!)and enjoy this time together! I am so happy for you guys!

Christina Joannou Wight

Anonymous said...

hey daddy, do we have any starfield cd's at the church?

bob&gail said...

Oh Krystal. I am so happy for you. I can't believe it. The judge let you in on his "busy" schedule. LOL. Congratulations !!!!!!!! That is so great. Looks like you guys, (or Jon) won't have to stay as long as we had too.

Gail Ray

Beckie said...

What an answer to prayer! We are so happy and will continue to pray.
Miranda, the Lindsey family says happy birthday!
Krystal, I can't believe the stripper in a public place like that. What a world.
I will have extra prayers for Jon when you leave (not just because of the stripper, Ha ha).

The O'Haras said...

Have come across your blog and enjoyed reading what you have posted. I am currious about your flights? What kind of tickets did you get? Did you get adoption fare tickets that were changeable? We have 3 kids at home and are trying to figure out if Tracey should come home as you are after the court date. Would be interested to hear more of your decisions when you have time. Enjoy the few days you have left there and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!

We are so excited for you. I can't believe you got a court date on Friday. That is so wonderful. We are so excited for you and for the kids. Tell Angelina to check her email! I sent her a lot of information today!!! Give her a big hug from me and Olga too!

That was too funny about the stripper but nothing surprises me anymore! Just gives you interesting stories to tell. Maybe we should tell other families to travel with blindfolds!! HA

Sandy and Dan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, we hope everything continues to go well, although we know the days pass by slowly. Chip did a good job teaching class yesterday, but we still miss you! Stay in the hotel and don't look at any ladies passing by! We will see you soon! Blaine and Forrest

Anonymous said...

lalallaallala i'm really bored. sweet dreams mom n' dad.

Anonymous said...

WOW what an awesome God we serve and how faithful He is. Another wow a striper that is insane. We will pray that a seat will open up and you don't have to pay extra money. I am so excited that this proces is moving so quickly and you and your family will be together soon. We will contine to pray.

My DR.'s appt did not go well. Will let you know after next appt next Monday. But God is in control and I have total peace with which ever path He has for us.
We love you and can't wait to meet the kids. Conrads

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you will all be home soon. I am glad S & A's brother signed the papers. I just did an "all call" at school and announced about court, K's flight, and J's flight home with S & A. I just couldn't help it!! We are all really excited here at school for all of you. Will be praying while you are in court and during your journey home. Can't wait to see you. Love, Marsha

Contact Mark and Theresa said...

Hi Krystal and Jon,

My husband Mark and I are also a member of the KTA family (Atleast I have felt like God has brought all of our families together and we share a special bond) Thank you for giving Kate permission to us to log on to your Blog. As you know for us waiting in the States for that call that we too have an appointment date, blogs can be comforting. I was so happy for your family when I realized that Aya and Sergey were the children that God hand picked for you. Since we hosted in the Winter, I had seen the children and in fact had commented to my husband often how darling they were. It is always amazing how often adoptive children seem to resemble the birth children in the family. We will keep your court date in our prayers and that everything goes very smooth. Here is our blog site so you can see who we are too www.wollschlageradoptionadventure.blogspot.com Congratulations to Jon on his ordination!!

Theresa

Contact Mark and Theresa said...

Hi Krystal and Jon,

My husband Mark and I are also a member of the KTA family (Atleast I have felt like God has brought all of our families together and we share a special bond) Thank you for giving Kate permission to us to log on to your Blog. As you know for us waiting in the States for that call that we too have an appointment date, blogs can be comforting. I was so happy for your family when I realized that Aya and Sergey were the children that God hand picked for you. Since we hosted in the Winter, I had seen the children and in fact had commented to my husband often how darling they were. It is always amazing how often adoptive children seem to resemble the birth children in the family. We will keep your court date in our prayers and that everything goes very smooth. Here is our blog site so you can see who we are too www.wollschlageradoptionadventure.blogspot.com Congratulations to Jon on his ordination!!