Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 8

Day 8- Tuesday
Today we went to the orphanage at about 11:00 a.m. our time. Every time we get to the orphanage the kids try to speak a new English phrase. It is so cute because they are trying very hard to learn some English. Today’s phrase was “My name is Aya”. We then took them to a park that had rides that we could buy tickets to ride. It was so interesting to watch them because they were happy to ride just one ride despite us encouraging them to do more. They are happy with whatever you give them and will not ask for anything. We then had ice cream and Aya pointed to a candy bracelet so we bought one for her and one for her best friend, Mary. All the rides and food at the park were very inexpensive so it was a good, cheap day. Afterwards we took them back to the orphanage and when we pulled up we saw some missionaries delivering some food. The kids got out of the car and yelled to the missionaries telling them that we were their mama and papa. On the way home our facilitator showed us where we could walk around near our hotel. We found out where the McDonald’s, pizza place, some shops, and really good buffet is located. So tomorrow we are going to have some fun checking it out since we won’t be going to the orphanage tomorrow. Our facilitator has to do some paperwork for our court case on Friday.
Overall, it was a very nice day. Right now we are just relaxing and planning to have some dinner in the hotel restaurant. They have very good food for a fairly cheap price. The picture is what Jon had last night…YUCK….. Octopus, squid, clams, and salmon.

Prayer request: Please pray with us that the judge will waive the 10 day wait!!!!Our facilitator says it would take a miracle….well, I happen to serve a miracle working God, so please pray with us for this!

Miranda- So tell me what you bought while shopping with Grandma? How were the French dips? I am jealous.

Hailey- Did you buy anything? Remember, only 4 more days and it will go by very quickly. Have fun at Michelle’s tomorrow.

Trevor- Did you have a good time at Matt’s? What did you do? Did you get batteries for the controller?

Tim- Hey, will you mow the lawn before Sat??? I love a nice mowed lawn  Thanks, Tim….
Matt- You are so sweet for having Trevor over. Remind me not to be mean to you for at least one whole day when I get back, okay? No, really….your the best! Now maybe I won’t embarrass you too much at VBS.

Dan and Sandy- Everything is going so fantastic! Angelina is absolutely wonderful. I can’t say enough about all she is doing. I will email you with some information she wants me to relay to you. I told her to check her email. She said she has been very busy.

Rhonda- Thanks for all your support and prayers. I really, really appreciate it. It is keeping me sane.

Christina- How are you ?…..tell the girls I miss them on Wed and I will be back next Wed.
Gail- I am so amazed at how God is working everything out. Angelina is amazing…Your blog has really helped us know what to expect…. I hope all is well with you all! God Bless!

Beckie- Thanks for your support, friend. Without my family and friends I don’t know what I would do.

Dad….are you out there? Call or email me when you get a chance. Love you!

Forrest and Blaine- I told Jon he has to stay in hotel when I leave :) Ha ha
Love to all, Krystal and Jon

7 comments:

bob&gail said...

Wow, a court date on Friday and maybe the 10 day waiting period waived. That would be great. You guys could possibably set a world record over there for the fastest adoption. LOL. Good luck. I will be praying for you.

Gail Ray

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal,
I am doing great:P Really busy-Thursday I am going out of town to visit my family and I will be back for Wednesday night supper next week. I guess I did OK last Wednesday youth.......I was really nervous! I really enjoy the dynamic of the group, it truly is a pleasure to help with the youth and I have enjoyed getting to know you and the girls through this study thus far. I am really trying to walk in the spirit- to be honest it is hard for me, I am retraining myself and some days are easier than others....But I am sure of one thing- I can do all things through CHRIST that strengthens ME!!!! God is and has been so good to me my whole life- he has been good to me even when I have decided to deliberately do wrong- and has always been there to pick me up when my bad decisions had made hard roads to travel on. He has blessed me when in reality I did not deserve it and is always available to hear me out. We really serve an Awesome God! man I am getting all emotional- You guys are in my prayers!
Well- I hope you have a nice dinner...or had a nice dinner :)

TTYL,
Christina Joannou Wight

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Great job on keeping everyone updated! I love knowing what's happening with ya'll.
We'll be praying tomorrow in staff meeting for you guys...Jon, we can't wait till you're back and participating...the meetings are going great!!!!
Krystal, I'm curious what you're eating...are you as adventureous as Jon eating octopus, squid, etc.?
Know we miss ya and can't wait to have you home!
I'll be praying for you!
Love,
Kara

Anonymous said...

Hey Pister People, Kellsie says the kids are really cute but Jenna said Kellsie said the boy is really, really cute. Kellsie's daddy said to keep him reigned in Jon. hahahaha. Look, my girls are even having sibling rivalry on your blog page. Actually, they have had a good time reading all of your comments. Jenna wants to know why Trevor doesn't have much to say. She will need him to speak up a little more if they are going to be an item. hahaha. Sorry for all the public humiliation Trevor. You know we love you. Good bye Pister People. My girls are wanting me to put all kinds of stuff in here so I better sign off. Krystal, I cannot wait for my friend to return. I would love more than a 5 min. conversation with you before the phone goes dead. Continuing to pray for you. Did I read someone said it would take a miracle for the 10 days to be waived? If He can part the Red Sea, what's 10 days? Take care. Love you all. B....

Anonymous said...

i bought a pair of shorts b/c i'm def. in desparate need of them and a tank top to go with it. hailey bought some jewelry a present for someone and a shirt. we had a good time and trev had a good time over at matts house too. christopher didn't want to go to school today but then didn't want to come home after either, very weird kid...dad. your food...thats just gross
love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Whats up,
I think the kids are wondering when they'll get here and I know that the kids will be so excited to finally come to North Carolina and be adopted and live in a loving home with you the Pister family. Ya'll I miss you come back happy and enjoying life with 6 crazy and cute kids!!!!!!

* Kellsie *
p.s. I can,t wait to meet them and your children can't wait either!!

Anonymous said...

day 8 sounds great! whoa, im a poet & didnt even know it! hey, i can make a rhyme anytime! hope your court stuff goes smoothly. i know its hard in the USA, (i got a 95 on that civics test!) so its prob just a difficult over there. i cant wait till you get back and hopefully get to see your new kids! christopher is a cute and great as ever. i want to steal him from you if you want your load lightened w/ all those children. have a good time and watch out for random strippers!
give me the name of your hotel so i can make a call for a stripper to come chase you guys around. JK!!!

lovve you all!
kristin s.