Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 4 and 5 Meeting Aya and Sergey


Yesterday we got up very early to catch a flight to Donetsk. Once in Donetsk we had to go and get official papers to be able to visit the kids and then we were off to the orphanage.I was surprised at what a big place this region is and there doesn't seem to be a place where there isn't a ton of traffic. Once at the orphanage we were led to a room where the director is and we waited what seemed like an eternity for the kids to come it. I was so nervous, but the second they walked in all of that melted away. I immediately knew these were the kids for us. There was something very special about them. They had such sweet and innocent faces. It was a little awkward at first because we can't communicate but we did our best. Their teacher came in and told us about the things they liked and their abilities at school. She said they were both very smart and would learn English fast. The teacher was such a nice lady that you could tell really loved the kids. She said she was so happy for them. She even knew a little English because in English she said "I know God brought you for them". We agreed and knew the journey we had been on was definitely one that only God could have maneuvered. We showed them pictures of our house and all our kids. They were very interested in learning all the names and looked over and over at them. We stayed for about an hour and we brought out Hailey's ipod and they listened and tried to read the names of the songs. There is a lot of American words and products here so they were already familiar with the sounds of the letters.
We began saying what little words in Russian that we knew and then in English. Jon said the word "car" and Segey had a hat on that said "Toyota" and he pointed to the hat.....but we quickly said "No...we have Fords"....see we are already getting him ready for the family, Dad! (my dad works for Ford) After our visit we went and did more paperwork to send to the SDA so we can get our court date.
Prayer request: The judge is going on vacation June 18th so we really need to get to court this week, otherwise our court date could be 2,3 or 4 weeks away! Our facilitator is going to meet with the judge Monday morning at 8am our time to persuade him to get us in this week. Please pray that he shows us favor and gets us in! So at 1am NC time and 10 pm CA please pray that his heart will be softened to get us in.
Today we are going to go back to the orphanage, and hopefully we will be able to take the kids out to eat or shop. It is kinda boring at the orphanage because we can't communicate to much. Plus,the clothes we bought for Sergey are going to be too big. I am sure he will grow, but what I brought will probably fall off of him. So hopefully we will be able to get some of that taken care of today.

Becky- Did you expect me to change? Thanks for your prayers...email me and tell me how you all are.

Marsha- Tell Erin I said "Hi" and give her a big hug for me. You will love the kids, they are awesome.

Miranda,Hailey, and Trevor- I am soo proud of you. Grandma says you are all so helpful. I couldn't have asked for better children than you! I miss you all very much. You are going to love Aya and Sergey very much. Trevor, Sergey loves baseball!
Hailey, Aya is friendly and sweet just like you. You guys are going to get along wonderfully.
Miranda, Congrats on your new job....you are growing up too fast.
I love you all!
I will becoming home later by the end of this week...so hang in there.

Kate- I gave dossiers to Angelina yesterday.
Talk to you later

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely beautiful! And this is what God had planned for you all along. He is so faithful to us. I can hardly wait to meet them! We love you and are continguing to pray for you. You are so loved at PBC! B.....

Unknown said...

I am so glad that things are working out for you all. Krystal, you sound so strong right now and I know God is with you and His angels are by your side. The kids are beautiful!!! I pray you all have fun today with the children and keep looking up!! We're praying for you every second!

Lucia said...

Praying that you can get in to see the judge this week! Aya and Sergey are beautiful! Have a great day!
P.S. Thanks for getting our dossiers to Angelina!! :o)

Anonymous said...

The kids are precious. It is so awesome to see God at work and that He knew these kids are for your family. We will continue to pray for the court day to go smoothly and quickly. We love you all and are praying for the kids and grandparents too. Love The Conrads

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW ilove em already!

Anonymous said...

When are you comming back?

bob&gail said...

Oh Krystal. The kids look great !! I am so happy for you. Maybe you can take them to the arcade. Natasha loved to go there. It's a nice place to play. I will pray for you guys and the judge. I so hope you guys will be able to get in this week.

Gail Ray

Beckie said...

Hi guys! Those kids are precious. I will pray at 10:00 that you get a court date soon, before he leaves for vacation.
About us, well let's see... my parents are staying here until they get carpet in the mobile home they just bought in Apple Valley. My mom looks a little frail, very thin. She does pretty darn well for all that she has been through. My dad has sooo much patience with her speech and swallowing. Sometimes it's hard to understand her. Maybe next weekend we will move them in. My dad will go back to Alaska to finish up work and be living here most of the year, summers in AK.
The Lindseys are doing well. Scott's new position at work is good. He has put in some long hours. I don't like that. Hopefully not for long. Marriage is good. Kids are growing. Kev is doing an online drivers ed thing. Look out Victorville! Gosh, we just love your family. We miss you so much. We all prayed for you the other night. Charity sits here as I type this. Just know that my prayers are with you always. I have been prompted by the Spirit many times a day. I love ya,Beck
Charity:Hi! How ya doin? I miss you guys sooooooooo much! I can't wait to see the new editions! ;) I'll keep praying. I might send a letter soon. I looooove sending letters! Well,see ya'll! :)