Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 3 The SDA Appointment

We have had a busy day and it is only 3:30 our time:) We had our SDA appointment today at 12:00. That went very smoothly. They were very nice, told us some history on Aya and Sergey and then we were on our way. The appointment took all of 5 minutes! After that we went to the Embassy to fill out my papers since I am leaving early. They too, were very nice and that took a little longer since we had to fill out some forms. We never did find TGI Fridays despite walking around for over an hour last night, but this morning we drove right past it. So needless to say, tonight we will be eating there.
Tomorrow morning we will be taking an 8:00 am flight to Donetsk, and hopefully we can see the kids tomorrow.Our facilitator is wonderful and most helpful! We are lucky to have her.
I am so appreciative of everyone's comments. I look forward to checking the blog and seeing all the comments. It really is helping me stay connected and not get too bored.
Steve, Thanks for the encouragement. I am hanging in there! Jon is awesome!
Miranda, You guys need to call me later using the phone card! It is too expensive for me to call you. So I want to hear from you guys today. If you have a problem call Sue or Grandma L.
Hailey, How was your award ceremony yesterday?
Trevor, Are you excited about the game on Saturday? Give Christopher a hug for me, okay.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon and Krystal - Glad to hear that everything went smoothly yesterday - praying that today's interview will be the same. God bless! Jennifer Davis

Anonymous said...

okey dokie!! make sure to take lots of pictures tomarrow k?
i love u!

p.s. i got grandma and grandpa out of pittsboro yesterday without getting lost! aren't you proud of me!

Anonymous said...

WOW! God is awesome. We are praying for everything to go smooth. The kids are in shock at the pictures that they can see them here and know you are there. I know that God has the children He wants just for you.

And again: "I will put My trust in Him." And again: "Here am I and the children whom God has given Me." Heb. 2:13. Love you both Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi! We are so excited that the appointment went well. We thought about you all night!! I know you must be so excited to see the children. Please tell Olga and Angelina hello for us. Tell Olga that Austin says he wants to come and visit her, that was the first thing he said when he woke up this morning. Enjoy TGI Fridays!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

yo mom and dad,
I miss you guys sooooooooooo much!!!srry we aren't calling but it's the phones fault!!! Well christopher's missing you guys a bunch and i am to, but remember: "I love you like a fat kid loves chocolate cake!!!!(many chuckles)well write to you later!
love Hailey

Anonymous said...

Hi - We kept getting a busy signal - Miranda tried to leave a message using the other number ending in 7. Here's Trevor:Hi mom I hope that you and dad have a great day in ukraine.I miss you
very much.

Lucia said...

Glad to hear your appt went well today. Looking forward to seeing pictures once you are in Donetsk.

Anonymous said...

yo mom and dad i never got to tell you about the awards ceremony!i got 50000000000000000000000 awards!!! ok maybe i'm stretching the truth i only got 5! but we had a great time and after we went to andy's(the place you hate!) i wish you could have been there! luv u lots! hailey