Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 12


Well today started out as a sad but joyous morning. I dropped Krystal off at the airport at 6:15 and said our goodbyes. The hardest part is in knowing that I have the only phone that works in this country, so there is no way of getting in touch with her if by chance something went wrong with her flight in Kiev. I am confident that the Lord is protecting her so I have peace. My day is being spent without the kids today, which give me sometime to catch up on some reading for school. I might kill some of the day watching Lord of the Rings. I miss everyone so much and I can’t wait to get home, most likely Wednesday night or possibly Thursday if there are any delays at the embassy. I spent most of lunch today taking pictures of the sights and I ran across an old lady begging. I watched as people were giving her some loose change and saw the joy it was giving her. I then passed by her and was going to give her a little bit but all I had was a fifty. When I gave her this she fell to the ground sobbing. Fifty grevin (sic) is worth only ten dollars in U.S. currency, but out here the minimum wage for most people is 60-100 grevin per month.
To my kids at home, make sure you give your mom a great welcome, she really missed you. Love Jon

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jon, guess this would be a good time for your good buddy to be with you. He's helping to hold the fort down here with youth. He is loving involvement in this Greg Laurie Event. Am looking forward to visiting with Krystal next week. Will say a special prayer for you tomorrow, Father's Day. Hope you will at least get to be with your new children. We can't wait to see you too! Love to you. B...

Lucia said...

Jon, God has been with you and Krystal throughout this journey and will continue to protect her on her way home. :o) Enjoy your day of relaxation and I hope you get to see Sergey and Aya tomorrow for Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

how great is our God.All will see how great is our God.All will see how great how great is our God.
Every were we go God we know your not far away. Your right here your right here.Jon Gods speed be with you and the kids see you and the kids next week my prayers and thoughs are with you.

Steve

Anonymous said...

hi daddy!!!!!!!!!!! happy early father's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon and Happy Father's day! You guys are setting a record for the fastest adoption in Ukraine! We are so excited for you and what a special father's day this will be with two new special gifts to love.

Beckie said...

Hi Jon and Pister family too! God is so good. I was in tears to read that just in time for Father's Day the Lord has blessed you in such a wonderful way. What an answer to many prayers. Congrats!
Don't eat in any restaurants with strippers!Ha ha.
Happy Fathers Day
Beckie and the rest of the Lindseys

Anonymous said...

Jon, The Church is beautiful. I tried to see the cross. Is it Orthodox? I was christened Russian Orthodox but am now Methodist. I cried when I read about the old lady. I will remember the needy when I am in Kiev in August. Looking forward to seeing all of the Pister family soon. Love, Marsha B. from Moncure
P.S. Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Jon! I heard you enjoyed a yummy breakfast at McDonald's with your two new additions this morning. We are missing you on this end. I am thankful to have my friend back, and can't wait for your return with the Sergey and Aya. Have a joyful day. Love to you, B...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon (&Krystal now stateside)--I am utterly amazed at what has transpired on your trip! I was just able to check on your website today. Wow!!! I have not seen such faith in God and His plans since I read George Mueller's testimony. Really! I know the transition time with the kids will be challenging at times, but you will always have the story of how they came into your lives to look back upon as a reminder of God's faithfulness and guidance. I know God will grant you the grace to parent. On a completely different note, Mike Brazeal and the video guy from Harvest really are interested in using your story, Jon. I gave one of them your contact information when they asked for it. They may not be able to use it for this event, but I know they are interested in it regardless. Greg & the gang were blessed to hear how the Lord is using you. We may not be able to make it to the crusade, as Paul's mom is leaving that Saturday and my folks are moving to Boone that weekend, as well. We'll see. We love "ya'll," and we're so glad you chose to follow us to NC. :-)
Karen & Paul