Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Still Day 2



Hi everyone...
Thank you so much for all the responses. It is helping me soooooooo much. We just got back from a walk and we found the McDonalds. For some bizarre reason I felt some need to see and take a picture ..he he.We walked around and also found the internet coffee shop everyone on FRUA had mentioned to me. There is tons of shopping and things to look at. And boy do the people dress a little risky. All of the women walk around with these huge high heels. Miranda, tell Lauren she would fit in very well here with her big heels. We went in to a coffee shop and I had a milkshake. They spoke English and it was nice. We looked and looked for the TGI Fridays but didn't see it so I went on my adoption chat room, FRUA and posted for directions and within 5 minutes I had 2 responses!!! So for dinner we will be going there. I know we are boring, but I am just trying to get through the day okay people!

I asked God for 3 things today:
To have internet access
To be able to call Angelina (our facilitator)
To talk to my kids

He delivered on all three...Thanks Lord!

Miranda- I called this morning and missed you as you were in bed. Thanks for helping so much. I emailed grandma the right directions to call,but you guys don't need to put the pin number in..okay? Call me so I can know it works.

Kara- Thanks for your prayers...keep them coming girl, I need all the help I can get.

Gail- I know I am such a chicken, I just can't help it :) Your encouragement is huge and I think I have got the phone thing a little better handled. I am going to have Angelina showme how to call the states cheaply because we have the same phone plan.

Barbara- Love ya....thanks for your emails and prayers. Keep it coming.
Sue- Love you too....I feel yours and others prayers soo much so please don't stop sending them.
Well I am going to go read or something...right now I am listening to Air 1 christian radio on the web! What did we do before the internet.

Love to all,Krystal
Keep the prayers going for our appointment tomorrow at noon our time 5am NC time, and 2am CA time.

13 comments:

CBS said...

Krystal,
Guess what!!!! I am at school and you aren't! I am thankful to see that you are safely in the Ukraine. Lots of people are praying for you and your family!
Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Krystal -
Kate from KTA just gave me your blogsite address, and I wanted to say thank you so much for carrying our dossier and gift for our (soon to be) son. I would love to see some pics once you get to the orphanage! I'll keep in touch during your trip -

Lucia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucia said...

Jon & Krystal, as with Roberta, Kate gave us your blogsite address. I am familiar with your name from Bob & Gail's blog - I am the stepmom to her girls. :o)
First of all, we are glad that you made it to Kiev safely. THANK YOU for taking our dossiers with you!! As all the others, we are eager to bring our girls home. Your new additions, as well as your current children, are beautiful! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! God will be there by your side! John and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
In His Name ...

Anonymous said...

well i'm glad you made it through the long 8 hour layover. i would've died. jeez. is the mcdonald's food out there taste as disgusting as ours? just wondering.yeah, i was really exhausted for some reason last night so i slept in this morning but i will call you tomarrow morning hopefully!!!!!!! i love you mom and dad!!!!!!! miss you lots too!

Unknown said...

Jon,
Wats up!!! Missed you at youth tonight. Steve gave me the web site so I wanted to say hi. hope its goin good. hope krystals not too freaked. ill see you in a month. later,

Tim

bob&gail said...

Hey there Krystal. Gotta love those heels huh. And they are so long and thin !!! Angelina will be wearing heels also, but not guite as bad. But she will run in them. She is amazing. Where is that McDonalds at? We didn't see that one & I thought we walked around everywhere. LOL. Get all the "American" food while you can. You will only find McDonalds in Donetsk, or whatever you get at the grocery store. (Miranda, yes the food at their McDonalds is just as gross. And, they don't even serve any breakfast food.) We went there one morning. I was like, Yes at least I like some of their breakfast food. Nope. People were eating burgers and fries. Eeewww. I did spot a muffin and ate that. Nobody eats breakfast food over there. Good luck at SDA tomorrow. It will be fine. They will just "interview" you. Make sure you have your passports out. Bob had ours in his money belt. It was too funny. He went to get them and they finally said "never mind". LOL.

Gail Ray

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos. It doesn't look as bad as I think I expected. Sorry, still can't my mind off the toilet. We ate dinner with Jon's parents tonight and saw the kids. All are holding up wonderfully. I know it's only been 48 hrs but thats progress! Keep your eyes on Jesus, He never lets us down. We love you both and miss you. I will be praying for your meeting bright and early in the morning. I am going to try to call you tomorrow (thurs) around dinner time. Take care. Love you - B.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal:)
I hope you guys are enjoying this trip- I am praying for you guys to relax and trust that god is in control! God is so GOOD!!
Well- youth group tonight was great :p I really enjoy the girls! I am not as smooth in my teaching abilities as you are- but just give me time, haha! I was really nervous.... you are a tough act to follow!

Ok I have to tell you this because it was so cute....so tonight Christopher had finished eating his dinner and Miranda brought over a piece of cake and asked if he would like some....he said yes and Miranda then said "give me a kiss" he puckered his lips and gave her the sweetest little kiss and said thank you, it was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen- ........I know I am a dork!


Sweet dreams- I am calling it a night!

Christina Joannou Wight

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon & Krystal,
Glad that you both me it there fine. Krystal keep God and Jon as your rock and things will be good.God is good all the time.All the time God is good.Got you's in my prayers.Miss you and thinking of you both.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Pisters- I had fun pounding on Hailey and Trevor last night at game time. Glad things are going smoothly so far. The kids are beautiful so with the exception of Jon you will have a beautiful family of 8. Jon- will send an email too for a youth update- let me know if you can access that

Karl S

Chip and Carrie said...

Jon and Krystal-
It is so great to hear and read all that is going on. Please know that everyone at PBC is praying for you and all of your kids multiple times a day. What a blessing God is giving you.

Love, Chip and Carrie

Matt said...

So John I saw that bong, well guess you've been having fun. haha just playing with ya. So hows everything over there? I miss yall aint the same without yall here. Love yall,
Matt